Montag, 17. Dezember 2012

a special bank

Then he announced that he could write a check with seven zeros. "Even your King cannot do that!" His bank would at once honor such a check. At first I thought he was joking, when suddenly I realized that he was speaking specially to me and no one else was realizing, I said to him that it must be a special bank. He said, "Yes, only allow people who can write check at least with six zeros." This made his meaning perfectly clear, but to confirm it to myself I said, "Such a bank can only have very few clients." He said, "Yes, but now they make big reclame." Two or three more sentences were added, including his saying, "For a long time now I can write check with seven zeros."
                                    Idiots in Paris 1949 p.46

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen